Monday, December 1, 2014

Lumberjack Lovin'

Growing up in one of the only even remotely liberal towns in Idaho I have a soft spot for all things hippy and this crew from Rich Hippies is incredible. This Lumberjack sweatshirt is organic cotton featuring exclusive art to Rich Hippies.


My little twinners.

Rich Hippies is a husband / wife team (Joey and Lana) newly relocated to Nashville from NYC. In addition to their clothing line, they are also the editors of makingahouseahome.com, and Joey writes music for film, TV, and commercials full time.

  
Hip Hip Hooray! 

As if that wasn't enough, Lana also owns a small children’s and home shop in East Nashville, also called Rich Hippies. I complain about my life being busy, but I'm obviously mistaken!


 

The details in the print are fantastic. I love the birds and trees in the beard. So rad.



A little more about the brand:

What made you decide to start your business?

Our baby Atlas was a fat baby . A really fat baby (we honestly didn't notice, love is blind, right?) and almost all the clothes we bough pinched his belly so we made a pair or organic yoga pants, and the rest is history.

Why yes I do reward him with fruit snacks for not screaming :)

How did you come up with your brand name?

We were in LA staying with some friends making up ridiculous shop names while driving. My husband Joey and friends were laughing hard at “Enchanted Fur-est” for a pet shop, and my friend Sarah and I were chatting about a boutique we would want in Silverlake, and that’s how the name Rich Hippies came up. My dad always called me a hippy (vegetarian at 5 years old will do that) so it felt right.

Seriously, I would die for that hair.

Any advice or lessoned learned from your experience so far?

Just do it. Don’t wait. There is no such thing as “ready”. It’s a myth.

What are / were some of your goals for the year?

My goal was to open a shop, and we did three weeks ago! I want to host maker events soon. We have so many great makers we sell, it’s a dream to have them come teach a craft to the local ladies of Nashville.


If you could have any super power, what would it be?

Time travel + pause buttons.

What’s something about you most people don’t know?

I have so many tattoos I lost track of how many.


Thank you so much Lana! I'm so excited to see what's in store from you guys as you get settled in Nashville! Head on over to Rich Hippies now and enter PandB to save 20% off through 12/2/2014 at 4:30 pm EST! This is good online and even includes any special order listing, just message her on IG and mention this post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment